100 Brain Boosters of Al-Quran
(I begin ) with the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful
001. What is the meaning of the word "Qur'an"?
A: That which is Read.
002. Where was the Qur'an revealed first?
A: In the cave of Hira (Makkah).
003. On which night was the Qur'an first revealed?
A: Lailatul-Qadr (Night of the Power).
004. Who revealed the Qur'an?
A: Allah revealed the Qur'an.
005. Through whom was the Qur'an revealed?
A: Through Angel Jibraeel (Alaihis-Salaam).
006. To whom was the Qur'an revealed?
A: To the last Prophet Muhammad (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam).
007. Who took the responsibility of keeping the Qur'an safe?
A: Allah Himself.
008. What are the conditions for holding or touching the Qur'an?
A: One has to be clean and to be with wudhu (ablution).
009. Which is the book which is read most?
A: The Qur'an.
010. What is the topic of the Qur'an?
011. What are the other names of the Qur'an according to the Qur'an itself?
A: Al-Furqaan, Al-Kitaab, Al-Zikr, Al-Noor, Al-Huda.
012. How many Makki Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur'an?
013. How many Madani Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur'an?
014. How many Manzils (stages) are there in the Qur'an?
015. How many Paara or Juz (parts) are there in the Qur'an?
016. How many Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur'an?
017. How many Rukoo (paragraphs) are there in the Qur'an?
018. How many Aayaath (verses) are there in the Qur'an?
019. How many times is the word 'Allah' repeated in the Qur'an?
020. How many different types of Aayaath (verses) are there in the Qur'an?
021. Who is the first 'Haafiz' of the Qur'an?
A: Prophet Muhammed (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam).
022. At the time of the death of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) how many Huffaz were there?
023. How many Aayaath (verses) on Sajda (prostation) are there in the Qur'an?
024. In which Paara (part) and Surah (chapter) do you find the first verse about Sajda (prostation)?
A: 9th Paara, 7th Chapter-Surah-al-Araaf, Verse 206.
025. How many times has the Qur'an stressed about Salaat or Namaaz (prayer)?
A: 700 times.
026. How many times has the Qur'an emphasized on alms or charity?
027. How many times in the Qur'an,is the Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) addressed asYaa-Aiyu-Han-Nabi?
A: 11 times.
028. Where in the Qur'an has Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) been named 'Ahmed'?
A: Paara 28th,Surah Saff,Ayath 6th.
029. How many times has the name of Rasool-ullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) been mentioned in the Qur'an?
A: Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)-4 times Ahmed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)-1 time.
030. Name the Prophet whose name is mentioned and discussed most in the Qur'an?
031. Who were the Kaathibe-Wahi (copyists of the revelations) of the Qur'an?
A: Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu), Usman (Radhiallahu Anhu), Ali (Radhiallahu Anhu), Zaid Bin Harith (Radhiallahu Anhu) and Abdullah bin Masood (Radhiallahu Anhu).
032. Who was the first person who counted the Aayaath (verses) of the Qur'an?
A: Ayesha (Radhiallahu Anha).
033. On whose advice did Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu) decide to compile the Qur'an?
A: Omer Farooq (Radhiallahu Anhu)
034. On whose order was the Qur'an compiled completely in written form?
A: Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu).
035. Who confined the recitation of the Qur'an on the style of the Quraysh tribe?
A: Usman (Radhiallahu Anhu).
036. Out of the copies of the Qur'an compiled by Usman (Radhiallahu Anhu), how many and where are they at present?
A: Only 2 copies. One in Tashkent and the other in Istanbul.
037. Which Surah of the Qur'an was Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) reciting while praying,that Hazrat Jabeer Bin Muth'im listened to and embraced Islam?
A: Surah Thoor
038. Which was that Surah of the Qur'an which the Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) had recited when one of his enemies Utba after listening to it fell in Sajda (prostation)?
A: The first five Ayaaths of Ham-Meem-Sajda
039. Which is the first and the most ancient Mosque according to the Qur'an?
040. In Qur'an mankind is divided into two groups. Which are those two groups?
A: Believers and disbelievers.
041. Who is the man about whom, Allah has said in the Qur'an that his body is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
A: Fir'aun (Pharaoh).
042. Besides the body of Pharaoh,what is that thing which is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
A: Noah's Ark.
043. After the wreckage of Prophet Noah's Ark, which is its place of rest mentioned in the Qur'an?
A: Cave of Judi.
044. In the Qur'an the name of which companion of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is mentioned?
A: Zaid Bin Harith.
045. Who is the relative of the Prophet Muahmmed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) whose name is mentioned in the Qur'an?
A: Abu Lahab.
046. In the Qur'an there is a mention of a Prophet who has been called by his mother's name. Who was he?
A: Jesus [Prophet Isa (Alahis salaam)] is mentioned as bn Maryam.
047. Which was the agreement that was titled Fath-hum-Mubeen' without fighting a battle?
A: Treaty of Hudaibiya.
048. What are the different names used for Satan or Devil in the Qur'an?
A: Iblees and Ash-Shaitaan.
049. Which category of creature does the Qur'an put 'Iblees' into?
050. What were those worships and prayers that were ordered by Allah to the community of Bani Israeel and which were continued by the Muslim Ummah also?
A: Salaat and Zakaat (Al-Baqarah:43).
051. The Qur'an repeatedly warns of a certain day.Can you say which day it is?
A: Youmal Qiyamah (Doomsday).
052. Who were those people with whom Allah was pleased and they were pleased with Him, as mentioned in the Qur'an?
A: Companions of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).
053. In which Holy Book of Non-Muslims the Qur'an mentioned repeatedly?
A: In the Holy Book of Sikh Community-Granth Saheb.
054. In which year were the vowels inserted in the Qur'an?
A: 43 Hijri.
055. Who were the first serious students of the Qur'an?
A: As-haabus Suffah.
056. Which is the first Residential University where the faculty of the Qur'an was established for the first time?
A: Masjid-e-Nabvi [Mosque of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)].
057. By what name did the Qur'an address those noble and pious people who were selected by Allah to convey His message to mankind?
A: Nabi (Prophet) and Rasool (Messenger).
058. What type of a person does the Qur'an want to make?
059. What is the scale or measure of one's dignity according to the Qur'an?
A: Thaqwa (Piety).
060. What according to the Qur'an is the root cause of the evil?
061. What are the two most important types of kinds of Aayaath (Verses) found in the Qur'an?
A: Muhakamaat and muthashabihaath.
062. Which is the longest Surah (Chapter) in the Qur'an?
063. Which is the smallest Surah in the Qur'an?
064. What was the age of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) when Qur'an was first revealed to him through Jibraeel (Alaihis-salaam)?
A: 40 Years.
065. How long did Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) receive the revelation of the Qur'an in Makkah?
A: 13 Years.
066. How long did Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) receive the revelation of the Qur'an in Madinah?
A: 10 Years.
067. Where was the first Surah revealed?
A: In Makkah.
068. Where was the last Surah revealed?
A: In Madinah.
069. How many years did it take for the complete revelation of the Qur'an?
A: 22 years, 5 months and 14 days.
070. Which Surah (Chapter) of the Qur'an is to be read compulsorily in each raka'at of the Sallat (Namaaz)?
071. Which is the Surah, which Allah taught as a Du'a (Prayer)?
072. What is the reason of keeping Surah-al-Fatihah in the beginning of the Qur'an?
A: It is the door to the Qur'an.
073. What is the Surah (Chapter) revealed completely and found first place in the Qur'an?
074. Who was the only lady whose personal name is found in the Qur'an?
A: Mariam (Alaihis-salaam).
075. In which Surah (Chapter) of the Qur'an do you find maximum instructions?
076. When and Where did the Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and Jibraeel (Alaihis-salaam) meet for the second time?
A: On Friday, 18th Ramadan, in the Cave of Hira.
077. What was the interval between the first and the second revelation?
A: 2 years and six months.
078. Which is the Surah (Chapter) that does not start with Bismillah?
A: Surah-al-Taubah or Bara'ath.
079. In which Surah (Chapter) of the Qur'an Bismillah is repeated twice?
A: Surah-al Naml.
080. How many Surah (Chapter) in the Qur'an have the titles named after different Prophets?
A: 6 Surahs (Chapters):
081. In which part of the Qur'an do you find 'Ayat-ul-Kursi' (Verse of the Throne)?
A: In the beginning of the third Part (Chapter 2-55).
082. How many different names of Allah are mentioned in the Qur'an?
083. Who were the three non-prophets whose names are mentioned with due respect in the Qur'an?
A: Luqman, Aziz of Egypt and Zulqarnain.
084. At the time Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu) how many companions had compiled the Qur'an in the form of a book?
A: 75 companions.
085. Which is that only book which is completely memorized by millions of people in the world?
086. What did the Jinns who heard a few Aayaath (Verses) of the Qur'an say to each other?
A: We have heard a unique discourse which shows the right path, verily we believe in it.
087. Which are the most popular transalations of the Qur'an in English?
A: Transalation by Muhammed Marmaduke Pickthall and by Allama Yusuf Ali.
088. Into how many languages of the world has the Holy Qur'an been transalated?
A: Nearly 103 languages.
089. Who was the first transalator of the Holy Qur'an into Urdu?
A: Moulana Shah Rafiuddin Muhaddis Dehlavi.
090. What will be our condition on 'The day of the Judgement' according to the Qur'an?
A: Everybody will be in a state of anxiety.
091. Who was the Prophet mentioned in the Qur'an whose three generations were prophets?
A: Ibraheem (Alaihis-salaam).
092. What is that book which abolished all old rules and regulations?
093. What does the Qur'an say about property and wealth?
A: They are tests of one's faith.
094. According to the Qur'an who is "khaatamun Nabiyyeen" (the last of the Prophets)?
A: Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)
095. What is the name of the book that tells us clearly about the reality of the beginning and the end of the world?
096. In the Qur'an what other name is given to the city of Makkah?
A: Bakkah and Baladul Ameen.
097. According to the Qur'an what other name is given to the city of Madinah?
098. Whose Generation is known as "Bani Israeel" according to the Qur'an?
A: The generation of Prophet Yaqoob(Alaihis salaam) who is also known as Israeel.
099. Which are the mosques that are mentioned in the Qur'an
A: 5 mosques:
e) Masjid Quba.
100. The name of which angels are mentioned in the Qur'an?
A: 4 angels:
a) Jibraeel Ameen (Alaihis salaam),
b) Meekaeel (Alaihis salaam),
c) Haroot (Alaihis salaam),
d) Maroot (Alaihis salaam).
Islamiah | Musafir Ikhlas` | Sastera Melayu